- Nahanni National Park
- One of the first UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Nahanni National Park Reserve is an iconic attraction in the NWT.
- Cirque of the Unclimbables
- Located inside the Nahanni National Park Reserve, the Cirque is a cluster of peaks and walls in the Mackenzie Mountains. It's most famous peak, the Lotus Flower Tower, elevates to 2,570 metres (8.430 feet).
- Mount Nirvana
- Also in the Mackenzie Mountains lies Mount Nirvana (unofficial name), the NWT's tallest peak at 2,773 metres (9,098 feet).
- Virginia Falls
- One of the centrepieces of the Nahanni National Park Reserve, Virginia Falls has the NWT's highest drop at 96 metres (315 feet, twice the height of Niagara Falls).
- Warmest Town
- Known has the North's garden spot, Fort Liard's July average high temperature is 23.2°C (73.8°F)
- Fort Liard
- Fort Simpson
- Jean Marie River
- Nahanni Butte
- Sambaa K'e