Northwest Territories Film Rebate Program
We offer financial incentives to productions filming on location in our territory. Our program categories include 25 to 40 per cent cash rebate for the purchase of good and services, travel to and within NWT, and wages for training and hiring local residents, particularly in film industry positions. To encourage production across the territory, the program also provides increased incentive for productions filming outside of Yellowknife.
Rebate Program Categories
NWT Labour and Training Rebate
- 25 per cent rebate for eligible NWT Labour
- An additional 15 per cent rebate for Recognized Positions or NWT Resident candidates receiving on-set training
Our Suppliers Guide has a complete listing of local professionals, businesses and organizations with film production expertise in NWT. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, or by phone at 1-844-NWT-FILM.
NWT Expenditure Rebate
- 25 per cent rebate for all Goods and Services that qualify as NWT spending purchased and consumed in the NWT
- An additional 15 per cent rebate for Goods and Services for productions shooting outside Yellowknife
NWT Travel Rebate
- 10 per cent rebate for travel to and from the NWT from anywhere in the world
- 35 per cent rebate for travel within the NWT (excluding aerial photography)
Travel costs for a non-NWT Residents may not be eligible in cases where a qualified NWT crew member could have been hired instead. NWT Travel Rebate amount may not exceed $15,000 per production.